20091017: Children played with colors on Diwali!

17th October is Diwali which is a festival of lights. When I went to PUSH home some kids were celebrating with fire crackers offered to them by two young men who were playing with them. The kids, who were learning computer, came to the class with much eager.

They thought I'll teach them to play a new computer game. But I gave an introduction to them about Graphic Designing and told them by learning it in detail they can become Professional Designers and so Knutpunkten.se had arranged this classes for them.

Although they were disappointed of not letting them play games I observed that they got interested when I started to teach Photoshop. I explained about what are layers in Photoshop by providing examples of books kept one above one. They easily learned and they got excited when I give examples for using marquee tool. They played with colors. I conducted classes in 3 batches by providing 1.5 hrs for each batch.

Naveen an older boy from the home who is also helping me in conducting the classes joined the first batch for learning Photoshop. The students were very happy to know that my colleagues from Sweden office is inquiring them often.

Teaching them layers -- creation and duplication of layers, Selection using marquee tool, Filling the selected areas with colors, rotating and arranging objects in the stage
Creativity of a kid: This design was created by one of the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment