Light rings and sparkles

20091212 Light rings and sparkles
For yesterday’s class I took lot of flower pictures with me. The little girls, when they look at that lifted their eyebrows. I asked them to choose one picture. I opened that picture as a Photoshop document and from that only a rose was cutout and placed in a new document where I created a gradient background. I filled a layer below the rose flower and above the background layer with clouds filter, reduced the opacity to 50% and using skew, transformed it like a cone shape – duplicated a copy and kept each one on both sides to give a falling light effect.


In a separate document I taught them ‘how to use Photoshop brushes?’ also I explained how to create custom brushes and setting the properties of it like scatter, roundness & fade. Student’s eyes are fixed on the screen while I create some magic sparks and stars around the rose using brush tool. I also created some light rings circling the flower. An aura of white and bright light orbited around the rose. As yesterday’s lesson involves many steps I taught this lesson again one time and again one more time.

Now they want to do that designs by their own, using the picture they like and with their own imagination. I succeeded by creating an interest in them to do that things with their ideas. I sat relaxed and my directions were instant whenever they needed. The experience I got till this age is one thing that makes them learn easily and happily, other things are the support & encouragements I get.

The first student who made a tryout in this design was Yesodha. She created her own brush and gave it her name. She Sprinkled light sparkles over a bunch of roses in walls with the brush created by her. And she also did one more design.


Bhavani selected a butterfly brush and scattered it over the flowers in her first design and then started the other one. She selected a photo work done in one of the previous class in which she looks in black & white and with green eyes. She placed three light rings around her and sprinkled some stars around her photo.


In a black document Deboki kept a pair of flowers. She gave to those flowers an aura of green rings. I remember what I studied about human aura in books. An aura is a field of subtle, luminous radiation supposedly surrounding a person or object. And in short a green aura denotes that person has love of nature, out of door life, travel in the country, sympathy and charity. Deboki also scattered some maple leaves using brush. And she tried with different kind of brushes in the document. At the end she wrote her name over it and set that picture as desktop wall paper.

More: https://writezenith.com/article/dance-of-light-rings

3 comments:

  1. very good for the youngsters to feel the learning process entertaining and happy.keep it up and make things around the youngsters like this......, this may make them to get involved and develop further...

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your kids want to do any art that has ponies or horses in it we will post it at

    http://www.clubponypals.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.. This is the first time am reading your Blog... But its Amazing.. Really it shows your care for them and your great talent in making them learn the concepts their way. Keep Up the Good Work... :)

    ReplyDelete